Summer Enrichment Program
Now enrolling for Summer 2018!
Sponsor or Enroll Today!
Why Learning Together?
- In our pilot Summer Enrichment program, our children maintained or improved in every measured category and were better prepared going in to their next year of school.
- Our summer program is targeted to children who were identified as having a developmental disability, at risk, or at poverty levels.
- Summer regression or "summer slide" is significant - 2.6 months of math skills are lost during the summer and 2 months of reading skills.
- Our 8-week program will directly benefit more than 40 children ages 3-5 from July and August
- The Learning Together program focuses on providing 2 meals each day with nutritious foods to combat food insecurity which is amplified during the summer months
- Research shows that a person will learn 85% of everything they’ll ever know by the time they’re five years old.
For children ages 18 months to 5 years old, typcially developing or with a developmental delay, enrollment is initiated by the parent or guardian. A referall from Wake County Public Schools Preschool Services is not necessary for children to attend our Summer Program. Please contact Jan Baker, Associate Director of Center Programs, at (919) 856-5205 or at for more information.
Fees for all Learning Together program services are based upon competitive county market rates. There are set tuition rates for children who attend Learning Together who are typically developing. The following fees are effective as of June 1, 2009:
$1,010.00/month for all age children
Daycare Subsidy Vouchers are accepted
(Class placement based on age/developmental stage)
Sponsoring a Child
The Impact You Can Make
$1000 - Provides scholarship funds for one child during the Summer Enrichment Program to sustain advances made during the school year and prepares them to be successful in kindergarten
$500 - sponsors a child for two weeks of our summer enrichment program
$250 - supports our classes for field trips and other enrichment activities during the summer
To inform families their child has a place in our summer program we need to secure commitments for funding by May 1st. Your gift can be paid monthly between April and July 2018.
You can make your gift online HERE (please note Summer in the comments)
To discuss this opportunity please contact Colleen McDevitt, at 919.856.7453 or
Licensure and Certification
» Five Star Rating from the North Carolina Division of Child Development
» Learning Together was awarded National Accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) starting in 2002 and has maintained accreditation to this date.
» Developmental Day Certificate of Accreditation through the Division of Mental Health/Developmental Disabilities/Substance Abuse Services (also recognized by the Public Schools of North Carolina)