Be a voice for early childhood education, children with developmental disabilities, and children with mental health issues.
Everyone is familiar with the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child," and it is one that we believe in here at Learning Together. With the community coming together, we can make a difference in a child's life and succeed in creating a Community of Promise.
How Do I Become An Advocate:
1) If you have not done so yet, come and take a tour of Learning Together. You can schedule tours with one of our staff members. Come and see the children who benefit from our high-quality programs and services, and get connected with the mission.
2) Once you've found that passion for children of all abilities, it is easy! Be a voice for the children who often cannot speak for themselves.
- Share your experience with friends, family, colleagues, coworkers and more.
- Make sure your locally elected representatives know how you feel. You can write a letter, send an email, make a phone call and express your opinion. Decisions are made on the state level that affect programs for early childhood education and human services.
- Attend special events that benefit Learning Together and bring your friends.
- Sign-up for our monthly e-newsletter.
- Ask Learning Together staff to speak at your next civic organization meeting, group meetings, or work meetings.
These are just a few ways to get involved! Have another idea? Let us know!