Classroom buddies interact directly with the children in their learning environment. In order to minimize disruptions to teachers and students, and to maximize the engagement of volunteers, the classroom buddies program is limited to specific days and times each month.
There are two options for engagement as a classroom buddy, in the classroom or on playground. Volunteer groups may choose to do one or both.
In-classroom volunteers are expected to prepare an age appropriate activity to enage the children. Popular activities include: story telling, art projects, science experiments, and culinary experiences (pre-packaged foods only). Volunteers are encouraged to think creatively when planning an in-classroom activity!
*All activities must be pre-approved by Learning Together staff at least one week in advance of the volunteer date.
Classroom Buddies Schedule
Second Tuesday and/or Third Thursday of each month
- 10-11am for in-classroom volunteering
- 11am-12pm for playground volunteering
- 3-4pm for in-classroom volunteering
- 4-5pm for playground volunteering
Volunteers must sign up through our Activate Good volunteer platform, Golden. Please use the buttons below to sign up.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Learning Together often has additional volunteer needs throughout the year for specific projects or special events. All volunteer opportunities will be posted on our volunteer signup platform and shared through our email list as they become available. Examples of other opportunities include:
- Holiday Hopes Gift Drive – wrap gifts, help secure donations
- Back to School Drive – help secure donations, stuff backpacks
- Classroom Cleanup – help clean furniture and toys on teacher workdays
- Fundraisers and Other Events – event support as needed
Learning Together’s Adopt-A-Classroom Program offers your company, organization, or volunteer group the opportunity to customize a partnership with us based on your capabilities and interests.